Mini Lamb Roast with Caramelized Onions and Olives
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
1 Kg “The Meat Box” Mini Lamb Roast (net packaging removed)
3 sprigs of rosemary
1 red onion
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
½ cup pitted olives, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Take a small roasting pan, place the rosemary in the bottom of the pan and then the lamb roast on top.
3. Finely slice the red onion.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot, add the onion and cook gently making sure the onion doesn’t burn, continue to cook for about 10mins or until soft.
5. Add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar, cook for a further 2 minutes or till the mixture resembles a jam-like consistency.
6. Pour over the lamb, then sprinkle over the olives, season with salt and pepper.
7. Cover with tin foil and place in the oven for approximately 50minutes to an hour.
8. When cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and rest the lamb for 10 minutes.
9. Carve and serve with the onion and olive mixture.