Beef and Beer Casserole
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 3 hours
500 grams “The Meat Box” diced Beef
2 Tbsp Olve oil
1 onion, finely sliced
1 Carrot, finely sliced
1 celery stalk, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
1 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 small bottle of beer
1 cup beef stock
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp mustard powder
1. Preheat oven to 130C.
2. In a large frypan heat, 1 Tbsp of the olive oil add the diced beef and brown, move to
a casserole dish.
3. Drain the pan of the excess liquid from the meat; add the remaining olive oil, heat
then cook the onion, carrot, and celery till soft.
4. Add the garlic and cook a further minute.
5. Add the dried oregano, bay leaf and tomato paste cook for a further two minutes.
6. Pour in the bottle of beer, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
7. Bring to the boil then pour over the beef into the casserole dish, season with salt
8. Place the casserole dish in the oven and cook for 2 hours.