- 1 Tbsp Olive OIl
- 4 “The Meat Box” scotch fillet steaks
- 8 slices of ciabatta bread (or similar)
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ a green cabbage
- 250 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ cup marsala (brandy or sherry are good too)
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat a large frypan or grill.
- Oil the steaks and season with salt and pepper
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes on each side (or to your liking) and then set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Grill the bread then make the sandwiches layer with steak, mushrooms and cabbage.
- Place butter, sugar, vinegar and salt in a medium – large pot.
- Add cabbage and cracked pepper and toss over a medium heat for 10mins or until the cabbage is wilted and tender.
- Stir regularly to mix through the melted butter, sugar and vinegar on the bottom of the pot.
- Take a large frypan, add the butter and oil, melt to combine.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the marsala and cook for another few minutes.
- Then add the sour cream, mix till smooth, season with salt and pepper.