ANGUS PHAT BEEF AND BEETROOT BURGERS by Jane Rangiwahia
Serves :4 Prep:15 mins Cook: 25 mins
4 Burger Buns
Mayonnaise ( We love Best Foods Mayo)
Cos Lettuce Leaves
Spicy Beetroot Chutney (recipe follows
- Heat frypan and cook patties to your liking
- Heat or toast buns in oven and split in half
- Spread top half of bun with mayonnaise
- Spread the bottom half of the bun with the spicy beetroot chutney
- Layer a beef pattie on top of the chutney, add the aged cheddar and lettuce
- Place the top of the bun over the stack and enjoy.
Spicy Beetroot and Cranberry Chutney
Prep time: 10mins; Cook time: 20mins; Makes: 3 x 250ml jars
1 cup dried cranberries
1 400g pouch beetroot
1 cup sugar
1 cup cider vinegar
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp salt
- Sterilize 3 250ml jam jars and keep warm in the oven
- Finely slice the beetroot
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer gently for about 20mins or until the chutney has thickened and is a jammy consistency.
- Ladle into warm jars and seal with lids.