Prep time: 15 Mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Meat Box Pork Boneless Leg of Lamb (1KG)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp Simon Gault Italian Seasoning
1 cup fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil (extra)
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the stuffing, heat the oil and butter in a medium frying pan, then add the onion and sauté until lightly golden and starting to soften (about 8 minutes). Set aside in a bowl.
- Place the sundried tomatoes in a small food processor with the garlic, then process to a coarse purée, add to the onions.
- Add the chopped herbs, Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs and egg. Mix to combine.
- Take the meat from the string wrap, spread over the stuffing and carefully roll up, fastening the lamb with butchers/kitchen string.
- Rub lamb with a little oil and place in a small roasting dish, cook for 40 minutes medium-pink meat. Or use a good meat thermometer and check for a temperature of 55°C–60°C. Remove lamb from the oven and let it rest, loosely covered, for about 15 minutes. Remove the string and sprinkle with flake salt