Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 1 ½ hours
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
150g sour dough breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
1 onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Simon Gault Italian Seasoning
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
1 Free range egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat 2Tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onions until they have softened about 10 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and lightly toast, add to the onions in the bowl
- Slip the sausages from their casings into the bowl then add the seasoning, cranberries, pistachio’s, parsley and egg, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using your hands mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the stuffing, secure and cook for approx 1 and ½ hours. Test with a skewer to make sure the juices run clear.
- Rest loosely covered for 10 minutes before serving.