Roast Scotch Fillet with Chipotle Brandy Sauce
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time: 40mins
2 kgs Beef Scotch Fillet
2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp Amola Atlantic Ocean Sea Salt
¼ cup brandy
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ cup Simon Gault Chipotle Ketchup 100% sweetened only by vegetables
½ cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Pat the beef dry, place meat fat side up in a roasting dish, massage in the olive oil and sprinkle over the Amola Sea Salt.
- Place the beef in the oven. After 10 minutes turn the oven down to 200C and roast the beef for a further 20-30 minutes, depending on how rare you like it.
- Remove the beef from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce combine the brandy, Worcestershire sauce, Chipotle ketchup and the cream in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, the sauce will thicken slightly, set aside.
- Serve with the sauce and lots of cracked pepper.