Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
500g “The Meat Box” Diced Beef or Brisket
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 medium onion, finely sliced
¼ cup store-bought massaman curry paste
2 garlic cloves finely sliced
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
6 cardamom pods (optional)
1 cinnamon stick (optional)
1 400ml can of coconut milk
2 large potatoes
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
juice of a lime
¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
¼ cup chopped coriander
1. Heat half of the oil and cook the beef in batches till browned, place in the slow
cooker (or casserole dish if baking conventionally).
2. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the onion and cook for about 5 mins or
3. Add the massaman paste and garlic, cook for a further minute and transfer to the
4. Add the cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, coconut milk, potatoes, fish sauce and
5. Cook in the slow cooker for 6 hours, if you are cooking it conventionally cover the
casserole dish and cook at 150C for about 2 hours.
6. When cooked, squeeze over the lime juice.
7. Serve on steamed rice and top with chopped peanuts and coriander.