Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 1 hour
½ pkt whole cloves
½ cup soft brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup or golden syrup
¼ cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp rum (optional)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cut through the skin around shank then peel off ham skin by gently pushing your fingers between skin and fat.
- Discard the skin.
- Use a sharp knife to lightly score the fat in diagonally both ways to make diamond shapes. Be careful not to cut right through the fat
- Insert a clove at each of the points were at the intersections
- In a bowl mix together the glaze ingredients to a thick paste
- Brush the ham all over with the glaze and bake until golden (about 1 hour),
- Baste the ham while cooking
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
TIP: Store unused ham in the fridge wrapped in a damp muslin bag or a clean tea towel soaked in water.