Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 1 hour
175g Chelsea Caster Sugar
3 large egg whites (at room temperature)
½ cup Fresh as strawberry slices
300ml Lewis Rd Creamery Double Cream
- Preheat oven 150°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a clean bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the caster sugar a tablespoon at a time and continue to beat until all the sugar has been added. Place spoonfuls of mixture on a baking tray and spread into circles, roughly 10cm in diameter, with the back of a spoon.
- Place the tray in the centre of the oven and turn heat down to 140°C. Bake for an hour. Turn off oven and leave in until oven is cold.
- Whip cream to soft peaks. When ready to serve, place each pavlova onto a serving plate, spread with cream and the strawberry compote on top.
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp water
250g strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 Tbsp orange liqueur or orange juice
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, stir sugar and water until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil. Add half the berries and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add juice or liqueur and remaining berries. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until fruit is just softened. Carefully pour into an airtight container or jar and refrigerate till ready for use.