500g “The Meat Box” Diced Beef or you can use Diced Brisket
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 medium onion, finely sliced
¼ cup store bought massaman curry paste
2 garlic cloves finely sliced
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
6 cardamom pods (optional)
1 cinnamon stick (optional)
1 400ml can of coconut milk
2 large potatoes
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
juice of a lime
¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
¼ cup chopped coriander
- Heat half of the oil and cook the beef in batches till browned, place in the slow cooker (or casserole dish if baking conventionally).
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the onion and cook for about 5 mins or until softened.
- Add the massaman paste and garlic, cook for a further minute and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, coconut milk, potatoes, fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 6 hours, if you are cooking it conventionally cover the casserole dish and cook at 150C for about 2 hours.
- When cooked, squeeze over lime juice.
- Serve on steamed rice and top with chopped peanuts and coriander.