1 packet of Pork and Fennel Sausages
250g pappardelle pasta
1 diced onion
1 stick diced celery
4 cloves minced garlic
1 sliced zucchini
2 cups chopped kale (stems removed)
½ cup dry white wine (we used Sauvignon Blanc)
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
Juice and zest ½ lemon
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
For the breadcrumb:
½ cup bread crumbs
1 clove minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (we used dill and parsley)
2 tbsp butter
1. Prepare Sausage:
- Remove sausage meat from casings.
2. Cook Pasta:
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
3. Sauté Aromatics:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Cook Sausage Meat:
- Add sausage meat to the pan.
- Use a spatula to break up the meat as it cooks, achieving a minced consistency.
- Cook until browned.
5. Deglaze with White Wine:
- Pour in white wine to deglaze the pan.
- Cook off the wine for a few minutes.
6. Add Chicken Stock and Zucchini:
- Pour in chicken stock and add zucchini.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes until the liquid has reduced, and zucchini is softened.
7. Stir in Greens and Flavors:
- Stir in kale, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Cook for approximately 1 minute until the kale is softened.
- Note: Taste before adding salt, as the chicken stock may provide enough saltiness.
8. Combine with Pasta:
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan.
- Stir through with butter and Parmesan.
9. Prepare Garlic Herb Bread Crumbs:
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter until foamy and starting to turn brown.
- Add garlic, cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add bread crumbs and toast until golden.
- Stir through fresh herbs.
10. Plate and Serve:
- Plate the pasta in bowls.
- Top with garlic herb bread crumbs and extra Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 4-5.
Enjoy your delicious pasta dish with garlic herb bread crumbs!