- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 300g cured chorizo, casing removed, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) malt vinegar
- 1 tbs runny honey
- 4 eggs
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained (we used Woolworths Macro black beans)
- 1 eschalot, sliced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Toasted sourdough, to serve
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a medium frypan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
2. Return the frypan to medium-low heat. Add 2 tsp oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened. Stir in cumin, paprika, coriander, and tomato paste, cooking for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add tomatoes, vinegar, and honey, and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture has reduced and thickened.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Fry the eggs for 2-3 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still soft.
4. Add beans and chorizo to the tomato sauce, cooking for 5 minutes until heated through. Season with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Arrange the fried eggs on top of the chorizo mixture and garnish with eschalot and parsley. Drizzle with oil and serve with lemon and toasted sourdough.