No need to think about what to make for dinner this weekend we have the perfect ‘Crispy Pork Belly ‘recipe that is incredibly crispy and perfectly golden every time and not to mention the super easy 2 ingredients ‘Apple & Fennel Sauce’
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 3 ½ hours
1 kg “The Meat Box” free farmed pork belly
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 130C.
- Place the pork belly skin-side up on a clean chopping board and pat dry with paper towels.
- Score the skin side, drizzle over olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the pork belly in an ovenproof dish; it’s preferable that the meat fits snugly in the dish.
- Place in the oven and cook for 3 hours.
- Change oven setting to 200C Grill and place dish higher up. Grill until the skin is puffed and crispy crackling.
- Place on a board to rest, then flip over with skin side down to cut, serve with apple and fennel sauce.
Apple and fennel sauce
2 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
1 tsp fennel seeds
- Place apples and fennel seeds in a pot with just enough water to cover.
- Cook until the apples are soft.
- Place apples in a blender and process till smooth.