2 x Chicken breasts, sliced length wise creating 4 thinner slabs
Salt and Pepper to season
Shredded red cabbage
Shredded green cabbage
2c panko breadcrumbs
1 1/2T mild curry powder
1/2t baking soda
4 burger buns
- Season the chicken and leave covered on bench to reduce the chill.
- In a bowl, mix together the cabbage, carrot with enough mayonnaise to coat the ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Mix the flour, cornflour and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs in another bowl. Place the panko breadcrumbs and curry powder into a shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture one at a time. Transfer them to the egg bowl then dip into the breadcrumbs. Return to the egg and dip back into the breadcrumbs to coat and set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat until breadcrumbs dropped in start to bubble. Fry the chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes each side and drain on a wire rack. When pierced with a knife the liquid should run clear.
- To assemble the burger, place the cabbage mixture on the base, then add the chicken. Top with a little more mayonnaise then place the lid on top.