Whole Chicken - click here to order now
1/2t black pepper, ground
1c cranberry jelly
Juice of 1 large orange, keep the skin
1/4c chicken stock
2T runny honey
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2t ginger, minced
Sprig of Rosemary
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and leave out at room temperature for an hour and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix together the cranberry jelly, orange juice, stock, honey, garlic and ginger.
- Place the remaining orange and rosemary into the cavity of the chicken and tie the legs with kitchen string. Place in the middle of a roasting pan and drizzle over the cranberry mixture.
- Place the tray onto a lower rack in the oven and baste every 20 minutes with the juices for the next 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the juices run clear. If it begins to burn, cover lightly with foil.
- Remove from the oven and lightly cover with foil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.