Crispy pork belly with Apple Brandy Sauce
The pork belly is super tender, the skin gets nice and crispy and the apples form a caramelized apple brandy sauce to serve as the perfect accompaniment.
1 hour 40 mins
1kg pork belly, rind scored into squares
1T sea salt
1T olive oil
1/2c apple cider vinegar
1/4c brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Rub the salt into the pork and drizzle with the oil.
- Roast the pork in a roasting dish, skin side down, for an hour.
- Mix the brandy, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar in a jug.
- Turn the pork over and pour the brandy sauce over top. Cook for another 40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve the pork with the pan sauce.