300 grams Aoraki Hot Smoked Salmon
100 grams of fresh pappardelle per person
200 grams washed, dried spinach leaves
½ cup of cream
¼ cup of white wine
1 tablespoon butter
2 roasted red capsicums
Italian parsley leaves for garnish
Salt and ground black pepper
1. Prepare Ingredients:
- Ensure the spinach is washed and dried.
- Roast the red capsicums until they are tender, then peel and slice them.
- Measure out all other ingredients.
2. Sauté Spinach:
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the washed and dried spinach leaves to the pan.
- Sauté the spinach until it wilts and becomes tender.
3. Deglaze with White Wine:
- Pour the white wine into the pan with the sautéed spinach.
- Allow the wine to simmer and reduce, infusing the spinach with flavour.
4. Add Cream:
- Pour in the cream, stirring gently to combine with the spinach and wine mixture.
- Allow the cream to simmer, further reducing the sauce to a desirable consistency.
5. Cook Pappardelle:
- Meanwhile, cook the fresh pappardelle according to package instructions.
- Ensure the pasta is al dente, then drain.
- Flake the Aoraki Hot Smoked Salmon into the pan with the spinach and cream sauce.
- Add the roasted red capsicum slices to the mixture.
- Gently toss the cooked pappardelle into the pan, ensuring it's well coated with the creamy sauce.
7. Season to Taste:
- Season the dish with salt and ground black pepper according to your taste preferences.
- Stir well to distribute the seasoning evenly.
8. Serve and Garnish:
- Plate the dish, ensuring each serving has a generous portion of salmon, pasta, and vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh Italian parsley leaves for a burst of colour and added flavour.
- Serve the dish immediately while it's still hot and enjoy the delightful combination of flavours.