2kg Square Cut Lamb Shoulder
6 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper
2t garlic powder
1T olive oil
1 onion, cut into quarters
3 thyme sprigs
2 rosemary sprigs
2t dried oregano
2 bay leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
2c chicken stock
1. Leave the lamb out at room temperature for an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 240˚C.
3. Coat the lamb in salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Drizzle with the oil and rub all over the lamb.
4. Place the lamb in a high edged baking tray and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Turn the lamb over and add all of the remaining ingredients to the tray.
6. Cover with a layer of baking paper and a layer of tin foil firmly covering the tray. Bake for 2 hours.
7. Remove from the oven and turn the lamb again so it’s the right way up. Cover again and roast for another 1 ½ hours. Remove the cover and roast for another 30 minutes.
8. Allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving.