1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
400g Pork Loin Steaks, diced
1/2T red curry paste
3/4c coconut milk
3/4c chicken stock
100g Orange Kūmara, peeled and diced
2 sheets shortcrust pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and cook the onion until it begins to soften. Add the pork and curry paste and cook until the pork is browned.
- Add the coconut milk, stock and kumara, bring to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Allow to cool completely.
- Cut the pastry to fit the pie tins and put the bases into 4 tins. Add the filling and top with the remaining pastry.
- Press the edges down to seal and brush with egg. Cut two slits in the lid then bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and golden.