½ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
½ cup chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 small shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 ½ pounds skirt steak
1 tablespoon canola oil
6 fried eggs
1. In a medium bowl, combine parsley, basil, chives, shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Whisk in olive oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry; season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
3. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, about 1-2 minutes; add canola oil.
4. Place the steak in the middle of the skillet and cook until a dark crust has formed, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes.
5. Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve with parsley mixture and eggs.